Monday, May 7, 2012

NYC

I paid a visit to the ol' NYC last weekend and have spent the last week recuperating. I've finally gathered the energy to share with you my lovely trip back. I say 'back' because I used to live in NY and I'm not going to lie, but it wasn't the greatest experience of my life. I developed a love/hate, mostly hate, relationship with that city and left it on some bad terms. I was a little anxious returning not knowing what memories would come to haunt me or what people of my past would turn up. But to my surprise, NY snuck its way back into my heart and reminded me of all the fantastic things it has to offer. It also reminded me of who I was when I lived there and put into perspective the person I've grown into. I've come a long way since living in NY and I think if I had to do it again, I'd know how to rock it the second time around. Hey, NY, you're not so bad, especially when you let me do all of this:

Wandering the halls of the Met.


Walking the 1.45 mile Highline.



Supporting Mr.T at MoCCA Fest.

Stuffing my face with doughnuts from Dough by the water while perusing Brooklyn Flea.





And so...much...more. Mr.T and I really jam packed a whole lotta NYC in 4 days time. I, of course, got my jewelry fix and picked up some much needed supplies which I'll have to get you guys updated on its progress next time. 

All in all, this is the first time NYC's been really great to me. I ate well, I walked everywhere, I visited old friends. Thanks, NYC. I can't wait to see you again!



No comments:

Post a Comment