Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Digital absence

I know it's been very quiet on the blogging front here. Sorry about that. I've been engrossed in a new toy lately and my brain's computing power keeps getting depleted by it daily. I want to blog...but...brain...is...going...brain...dead...can't...think...of...post...

So I figured why not post my toy?!

Taaaa daaaaa! Thanks to a lovely friend, I now own one of the coooolest computer programs out there, Matrix. It doesn't look like much, but this baby can make jewelry like nobody's business. I learned the the program back when I was studying at GIA, but it's been at least 2 years since then so I'm a bit rusty. I'm hoping to fine tune my skills and become a jewelry CAD-ing master! 

I really feel learning this program will open up so many opportunities in my work life and hopefully help me in my own jewelry designs. We'll see! I'll be sure to continue sharing my progression with this new toy and of course, my wax carvings. Even though building jewelry on a computer is pretty freakin' awesome, it will never replace the joy of feeling that file against that buttery wax. 

No comments:

Post a Comment